Friday, March 13, 2009

Babies R Us

I'm not the biggest fan of our local Babies R Us. I think they are trying to achieve the dubious honor of being the store with the worst customer service in the Capital District. I only go there sometimes because they have some cute clothes and a few random baby things that I can't find anywhere else. But they are winning some points with me their fundraising campaign for Autism Awareness Month (April). Toys R Us and Babies R Us have teamed up with Autism Speaks to raise money "to help solve the autism puzzle" and "to educate families and community members about the disorder." You can go to this site to learn more. I was in Babies R Us the other day looking for Easter clothes and was able to make a donation just by adding it on to my purchase total. So easy! I loved it! The website in the link above also has a list of toys that "speak" to children with autism and a gorgeous slide show of photos of autistic children paired with quotes from their parents. The slide show is so moving and hopeful. I encourage you to check it out if you get a moment.

No comments: