Tuesday, June 16, 2009
New Favorite Words
"Want Mommy hold you." or "Mommy hold you please?" This is what Josh says to me when he wants to be held or cuddled. He comes over to me with his thumb in his mouth and his blanket under his arm. This is one smart kid. He has basically discovered the one phrase to which I simply cannot say "no." I love snuggling my kids. I love their sweet baby smells and their soft baby skin. I love that they are quiet and still and that at that moment they need only me. When both kids want me to hold them, well, that is one of the closest things to heaven I know. One day Josh is going to be a big "tough guy" and too much affection from his mother will probably be embarrassing. But for now, every once in awhile, he wants his mommy and he has the ability to express his needs clearly to me. This is a great gift and I am going to try to savor every minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Josh is lucky to have such a great Mom!
Post a Comment